Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7, 2010

Running is a lot of fun, under the right circumstances. However, when things go awry, it can really test your dedication. Today, I planned a 5 mile straight through run. Took the first 1/4 mile as a walk for a warm-up, then started running. Nearly to mile 4 and I start feeling blisters on my arches. I notice my form starting to slip, so I decide to walk the rest of the way home. I managed to make blisters on top of callouses. I didn't even know that was possible! I wore the wrong socks. They are very thin, but thought the moleskin I put over my arches in an effort to protect myself against blisters ended up losing their adhesiveness thanks to my sweaty feet. They were around my heels by the time I got home. So, today wasn't the best run. I kept a steady 9:30 min/mile pace during the run and finished at 5.25 miles. Tomorrow, intervals for 4 miles. I will be wearing reinforced socks, maybe even 2 pairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment