Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I hate when life gets in the way

So, yesterday, I received a call from my water delivery guy. It seems my dog really wanted to meet him and managed to break the window in his effort to make a new friend. I had to rush home after calling a window installer for an estimate to replace the broken window. Then, I had to take the dog to the vet because he tore up his leg pretty good. Turns out, he actually tore through 2 layers of muscle and the fascia connecting them. He was immediately admitted into surgery. I was able to get home and make dinner, then had to go back to pick the very groggy dog up from the vet. I feel bad for the dog, but jeez! Needless to say, I did not get my run in last night. Normally, this would not bother me. After all, it was an accident and I am sure the dog has learned his lesson. But, I really missed my run. So, I have to ask, if I look to running as a stress relief, how come when stressful event occur, I do not have the time to strap on my running shoes? When I smoked, I was always able to find a few minutes for a cigarette. I don't smoke anymore, but I am beginning to understand why people take up the habit after quitting for so long. It is much easier to find the time for it when life gets stressful. The shear cost of it is why I haven't started again! After all, the damages and the vet bill equal more than $1200! Just another way the government is controlling my decisions (taxes is why ciggies cost so much!).

No comments:

Post a Comment