Friday, July 22, 2011

Last day at the office!

I could not be happier that this is my final day coming into the city to work in an office. I much prefer to work at home. I am glad I could be of help to my current client, but I have learned that I need to be able to control my environment, work hours, etc. My previous client seems to be picking up steam, so I am going to be more available to help him get the ball rolling. While it was nice to have the steady income, I just don't think I like the idea of giving up my freedom for it. Hopefully, my first client will be able to pay me very soon and I won't have to worry so much. With all the work that needs to be done around the house, I am not sure how much longer I can wait.

Today's workout was decent. 10 minutes up hill, 10 minutes stair climbing, and pulling some weights was a nice change of pace. I am still recovering from the accidental gluten ingestion. The weight hasn't left as of yet, but I am sure it will take my intestines a couple of days to detox. I can't believe how much this has set me back. This allergy is going to take some getting used to. When C was diagnosed, I was mostly good about it with my grocery shopping, but would allow myself the occasional glutenous treat (pun intended!). Now, that isn't allowed, so there is a lot more research required. I did go to Starbucks today, but only for a coffee (real coffee, not that foo foo stuff). I was eyeing all the yummies behind the display case. I grabbed a Naked Smoothie...some treat!

However, there are some benefits to following this GF lifestyle. Many of my problems have reversed. I had my first 28 day cycle (has never happened), and until today, has been fairly light. Today, more in the medium range. I have a feeling that if my mother had taken her own doctor's advice about staying away from gluten when she was a teenager, many of her feminine issues would never have occurred. Of course, there needs to be much study on this. I have a sneaking suspicion that the American lifestyle of loading up on breads has caused not only the obesity epidemic, but also many of the illnesses people suffer from, rather they are overweight or not. My stepdaughter has so many feminine issues, but is not in any way overweight. If she could give up the gluten, I think she would feel a lot better.

OK, I am stepping off my soapbox now! Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment