Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Not the DOMS!!!

So, as a consistent runner, many would think that the plague of DOMS would be behind me. Usually, this horrible event occurs if you push it too hard. I haven't pushed it too hard. Instead, I renovated my youngest daughter's room. Sure, this may seem to no way compare to running for an hour, but let me tell you, it was so strenuous. I didn't notice it at the time. After all, it was just laying vinyl, painting the walls and moving furniture. This was Saturday. Sunday: could barely move. Seriously! My hamstrings were in so much pain, there was no way I could run. I finished up the bedroom in about 3 hours, and lazed around the rest of the day. I was expecting to feel a bit better by Monday, but no. Completely relaxed all day!

Tuesday: I made it to the gym! They were playing Red in the Cardio Cinema, so I caught the end of it during a 1 mile walk. They restarted the movie, so after a bit of stretching, I felt fine enough to jog for a bit. I made it 2 miles in 19:35! Yay! Finished with a half mile walk. Tomorrow, I will go a bit longer, but still be careful not to push too hard. Soreness is easier to deal with than injury!

No comments:

Post a Comment